Friday, August 31, 2007

Putting the city to music


Last night Paul and I went to see Julian sing. When she's not being a Customer Account star, she's a singing star.


We made it out of the hotel around 9pm and were faced with a huge queue for taxis. Being the antsy Americans we couldn't wait, so instead called a cab - $1 more, but so worth it.


At the lounge where Julian was singing, Paul made the mistake of letting me order the food. I couldn't figure out what half of the things on the bar menu were so I asked what the local favorites were and proceeded to order all three. Just over 30minutes later, we see a delivery boy coming in carrying boxes of food ... odd. At first I thought the staff must be sick of what they served and were eating out themselves, but no - it was our dinner. When the plates were put in front of us, two looked like Trader Joes special sets, and one was just gruesome. Sea-snails. I gusted up and tried a few of the snails - they tasted like foot so I quickly ditched this attempt at trying new things.


No comments: