Saturday, September 1, 2007

China wok

No, I didn't do any fun cooking classes today - I'm just being funny with titles. Hey, when you're living out of a suitcase the smallest things start becoming funny.


This morning I had to go to the United office to switch my ticket - oodles of enjoyment, let me tell ya. Leaving the office I decided to walk home but somehow, of course, wound up walking the opposite direction. You know the navigation systems cars have now? I need one embedded in my brain - no matter where I am, how small the area is, or how long I've been there I will surely get lost. Getting lost when traveling is a bit fun, though, so no complaints from me.

I wound up walking through China Town, Little India, and the Financial District. China Town was just like San Francisco, but clean. Also, I didn't happen upon any men flinging dead pigs over their shoulders but it was early still.

After getting back to the hotel I decided to veg by the pool and read The Black Book of Outsourcing (it's actually much better than it sounds). As soon as I stepped outside the sky opened up - it was like standing under a waterfall.

Goodness I love it here!

No comments: