Monday, August 27, 2007

Eye contact isn't always great

Last night Paul, Al, and I went out to dinner in Boat Quay. I took a taxi to meet Paul and Al because they had been with a customer all afternoon (another reason I couldn't do sales - you have to be on call and work on Sundays - oofa). The taxi dropped me about 4 blocks from Boat Quay - I think because people don't tip here the concept of above and beyond is lost on people.

We wound up going to dinner at a fish restaurant where everything was fresh (I knew this because I could see many of the menu offerings in a tank just outside the restaurant). We all ordered fish, of course, and when I placed my order I asked what was the freshest.

My fish came with the head and tail still on, mouth opened toward the sky. For some reason looking my dinner in the eye is just not appetising.