Thursday, August 16, 2007

And then he gave me power

The title of this blog sounds a bit ominous...religious even. Well, its far from that. After India Independence Day yesterday, I finally made it to our new office and its beautiful. After finding my office, I asked the office boy for an adapter for my computer. Without saying a word he climbed under the desk, stuck a pen in the socket, and jerry-rigged my American plug in the Indian socket. Well, that's one way to do it.


Around 11 I realized I left my wallet at home so I coordinated a driver to bring me to pick it up. Turns out 11:30 on is rush hour and the donkeys, mopeds, cars, people, and carts made the drive almost triple our ride in this morning. Don't worry boss, I'll be on late to make up for it.


Now, time to find something to eat. I think I'll go for a green dish today (since I can't pronounce most things I've reverted my mental menu to colors).

No comments: