Wednesday, August 15, 2007

And the beat went on ... travel beat that is

After my layover in Frankfurt, which really wasn't too bad, I got ready to board Air India for the final flight. Arriving at the gate I realized I was the only white person - a complete non-issue except for the fact that all heads immediately turned when I got in line to board.

As soon as I sat down I crashed - hard. 4-hour nap and it was pure bliss. The only interruptions to my nap were the flight attendant who was positive I needed to eat - she woke me 3-times - twice for meals and once to force a bag of chips in my lap.

At just after 11pm India time we landed. The brief bliss quickly faded as I realized I a) couldn't find my driver and b) was been pushed and solicited by other drivers wanting a tourist cab fair. An hour later, Salim showed up and it was such a relief.

Now that the travels are over - it's time to enjoy this monsoon season! I say that in gest but honestly, this is rad - raid + heat - it's like Hawaii in a sauna.

No comments: