Friday, August 24, 2007

Malling

After work I decided to walk home instead of cab - it was 6:45 and just cooling down so it was perfect timing. As I made my way along the water the clicking sound of two tap dancers on a dock serenaded me.

Further along I came to an underpass and proceeded to cross the street. Once underground I was surrounded by tweens and teens dancing and clapping and stomping their feet. It was interesting - groups of kids were huddled in different parts of the walkway all practicing dances - all to their own beat.

Emerging from the walkway I found myself in a mall - the first of 4 malls that I walked through to get home. Not only is Singapore the "Switzerland of Asia," according to Simon, but it's the mall spot of the world. Malls here are like Vegas - once you get in, you can't get out...but to be honest, I have no problem with that :)

No comments: