Thursday, August 23, 2007

Clean glorious clean


Today was my first day working in the Singapore office and it was beautiful - literally, not in the Russel Crow movie kind of way. To get to work Alix and I took a taxi - work is less than a mile away, but walking just a block leaves you drenched (in either sweat or rain - depends on the time of day).


The office looked just like any other - sterile - but somehow there was an added sense of 'clean.' I'm not talking about clean in the tall bald guy white t-shirt way, or clean in the Dr.'s office waiting room sense. Nor am I insinuating it was clean in the modern-try-to-sit-down-and-you'll-be-bruised-for-a-month sort. Just clean.


At lunch we made our way to a wrap deli where the wraps were named after American fame-cons - my favorite being the "Ike and Tina Tuna." I didn't try this wrap because I just didn't have the legs for it (insert laugh here) but I did enjoys my salad and kiwi juice.


The one and only problem with eating out in Singapore is the AC - you need to carry a winter coat just to walk in-doors. As tomorrow is Friday I think I will treat myself to an after-work shopping spree - big surprise - for a wrap. I feel ridiculous walking around mid-day with my jacket, but at the same time my teeth chattering gets in the way of work.


No comments: