Friday, August 24, 2007

Fly trap

This morning I got up early for a 7am call. The nice thing about working from a hotel room is you can dress business casual - in my case, a blouse and pajama bottoms. After the call wrapped I finished getting ready for work and headed out the door.

Upon getting at work - my first day in the Singapore office alone - I walked through China Bank (the building our office is in) and made my way up to the 36th floor in an elevator packed full of people. As I arrived at the office at 9:30am, I was still quite early and only one other person was there. Around 10:30 the office was bustling (with all 10-people) so I decided to make my rounds and properly introduce myself to all the folks who were out on sales calls yesterday.

During this round I chatted for a long time with one of the higher ups. After all the corporate socializing, thoroughly exhausted, I grabbed a coffee set it on my desk and made my way to the loo. Once inside I realized ... my fly had been down the entire morning! Perfect - in a discrete country where first impressions mean a lot, while meeting new people at work and trying to prove that marketing folks are not nuts, here I am.

Well, at least the embarrassing part is out of the way.

No comments: