Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I have arrived!

To Singapore that is. Last night I slept most of the way through the flight here and hit the ground running. De-boarding the plane I came to two woman at the gate holding signs with my name. I've never seen that before - I felt so special - the little things. 20-minutes and a beautiful car-ride later, and I arrived at the Pan Pacific Singapore. The city is beautiful, and hotel is amazing. I'm ready to move. Matt?

All day it was raining - a hot periodic rain - aka, the perfect weather. This afternoon I worked from the hotel - I gifted myself that after sleeping only 3-hours per night for the past week. My room overlooks the city, the pool, and the island's edge. The view was somewhat comical today while the pool was packed with loungers - sleeping and "bathing" in the rain.

This evening Alix and I made our way to the night zoo. When we first walked in I was feeling the grown-uppy "heh - zoo schmoo." First stop at the zoo was the night show. OK, I'll admit it, I freaked! Animals were walking on ropes over our heads and then the zookeepers pulled a snake out of a box in the row in front of us. I hope the blue leaves Alix's hand (I was squeezing so hard).

Looking forward to working, learning, exploring more!

No comments: