Saturday, August 25, 2007

So much to do ... so little time

In between working and sleeping I want to adventure as much as possible - I'm not sure if I'll ever come back to Singapore, so I'm trying to soak it all in. Last night, after a long day shopping, Paul and I met up to walk around Singapore. As I had walked home on Friday I became the "leader" in the walk supposedly knowing where I was going. After getting lost in 3 malls and walking in numerous circles, the leader became the follower.

We made our way down to Boat Quay and along the water taking pictures the entire way. Just as we got to the water's edge, the sky opened up and it started dumping rain. With no over-hang in site, and no umbrellas, we found the next best thing - a boat ride across the water. Hopping in a small wobbly boat, our tourism took to water instead of the streets of Singapore.

After a 20-minute boat ride we made our way to another Quay (whose name is evading me). The area felt like North Beach - lively and filled with restaurants. Perfect for dinner.

Now I'm off to adventure more before the sky opens up again.

No comments: