Saturday, September 29, 2007

Nopa

Every few months the SNP girls and I meet up to catch up on work and life. Last night we met up at Nopa, a not-so-new "it" restaurant in Hayes.

The patrons at Nopa are all quite hip (to put it mildly). Knee high lace up boots seemed to be in abundance with sweater dresses and belts that didn't quite match on the girls. The boys for the most part donned converse or other retro sneakers, zip up sweatshirts, and tattered jeans.

By the time we were seated I was famished, so I was thrilled when the waitress came over bearing a plate - things were looking up as this seemed to be one of those restaurants where you get a pre-appetizer snack gratis of the kitchen. When the plate was set down, I thought it was a joke - 4 radishes, 4 pats of butter, and a dish of sea salt...uhhh... great, dirt and fat for a snack.

After thoroughly filling ourselves at Nopa we made our way down the street to dive(ish) bar. The Muppets was displayed on the back wall, in front of the video was a DJ rocking out to music I've never heard before, and scattered over the antique chairs everywhere were more coolsters - San Francisco's finest 30somethings.

Jess was laughing the whole night as I still love my "bubble" - my Russian Hill. But Nopa and Hayes were quite fun.

No comments: