Saturday, September 22, 2007

Flying flops

Yes, I know, I write about flights a lot and its not that interesting. This flight is like an uncomfortable film, though. My taxi to the airport had no air so by the time I arrived I was drenched - it's hot here!

Arriving at the airport I realized I had 20min til the flight so I ran. Lots of good that did...

After boarding and happily settling in to my emergency exit aisle, aka best seat in the house, I heard a raucous. The blond and purple (aka PB) haired girl two rows up was yelling at her boyfriend. Something about him taking too long to eat and her not having time to shop blah blah blah. As the plane filled up, she kept on. This time because the woman behind her "kicked" her chair (uh, the woman put her backpack down, but whatever). The woman moved and the girl continued - this time at the flight attendant.

Just as we were about to pull away, we were sent back to the gate because a handful of passengers were coming late.

Then, the older man across the aisle from me pulled out his barf bag (“oh no,” I thought) and started hocking loogies like there was no tomorrow. Nast.

Finally, the late passengers arrived but there we still sat. This time there was a light that wouldn't turn off on the door.

As we were sitting an older woman reseated herself behind purple-blondey. Big mistake - the yelling started again. Oofa! That girl must have the hardest life - I've never heard someone complain so much.

Molly, you'd be proud, the babies didn't bother me one bit. The wailing of PB out-roared their cries.

No comments: