Friday, September 7, 2007

The gym

I know it's not polite to stare, but sometimes I really just can't help it. The gym in my hotel is pretty blechy but functional. I went down this evening at 6:30 for a workout because I just couldn't get up before work and the gym was packed.

As I was getting my heart rate up, I found myself trying so hard to keep my giggles inside I nearly fell off the treadmill. Two men were standing side by side in front of the mirror - one tiny, the other quite large (especially for a Japanese man). The tiny one was standing in one place throwing his leg up to his head - first the right, then left, right, left - you get the picture. The rest of his body was perfectly still. He could've been a cheerleader in the states!

The bigger man was "shadow" boxing in the mirror. It was quite a site because it seemed like the leg kicker was timing his kicks with the shadow boxers thrusts. Then the shadow boxer starter shadow box dancing in place and I had to leave. Yes, it's rude to stare, but laughing is unacceptable.

No comments: