Thursday, September 6, 2007

Lost in a storm


Today after work I went out walking with Sanae and then to dinner. We walked around the train station where there are stores for almost everything. Puppies and cats - got 'em. Pillow shaped like stuff I don't want to write on the web - yes, those too. Everything.


After walking around a bit, we went into a small sushi restaurant that reminded me a bit of Blowfish at home (ah, home).


When we split, Sanae gave me detailed directions home in broken English. As soon as I was alone and walking the typhoon picked up in full force. During my walk home I went in three circles around the train station and broke two umbrellas. Finally arriving at the hotel I looked worse than a drowned rat - my hair was a helmet of curls, dress was soaked and hitched up (seriously, I looked like I was wearing a 50s style bathing suite), glasses were so fogged over from rain and heat, and shoes were filled with water.

No comments: