Sunday, September 16, 2007

Home

I think my jet lag was a bit delayed - yesterday I "napped" for 5-hours and woke still groggy. After this marathon sleeping, I met up with Lynnette at Solstice on Divis and California for a catch-up drink. Arriving first I scoped the bar for where we could sit with the best people watching view and decided to take over a corner of the bar. A few minutes later Lynnette arrived and we got straight to work talking about careers, travels, life, and her dating stories (I love those stories). It was funny because seated next to us at the bar was an apparent bachelor who did the cursory glance at women's left hands as soon as they entered.

Today was girl day - I met Linzy for a manicure/pedicure/lunch which was perfect (for lack of a better word). After thoroughly pampering ourselves Linz had to get back to studying (she has her architecture exams coming up) so I decided to lap the city soaking in everything I missed.

I started my walk up Polk and then turned on Broadway. The jaunt took me up through Pac Heights, then down and around Laurel Heights, over to Presidio Heights and through the golf course, down around the new Lucas buildings, and over to the water. It was a perfect walking day as the sun was out but was San Francisco sun (ala, not too hot). The entire city seemed to smell like Fall - jasmine and cut grass.

Emerging from Presidio I walked around the Palace of Fine Arts where the was a wedding on the field. People were splayed all over the lawn around the domed buildings sunbathing and watching the geese. Then I made my way around Chrissy Fields, down by the Rolex regatta and along the water. There was a Family Kite event in the lawn so it seemed like kid zone in the city. Toddlers in strollers were straining to see the colorful animal and diamond shapes flying through the air - seriously, I was impressed by some of the stretching poses these kids managed as they cooed at the kites.

Finally, I made my way up past Ft. Mason and home. Lombard is packed as always, and we can still see the regatta out the window. Polk St. is filled with hooting football fans enjoying whatever college game is on.

Happy.

No comments: