Friday, January 2, 2009

Trying to motivate: Top reasons to run

I worked from home today which means it's 4pm and I'm on the couch still in my PJs (but I have been very productive - think new SEO strategy, customer reference program referrals, touchpoint analysis ... you get the idea). Since I've gotten into and stayed in cozy mode, rallying for a run is extremely difficult.

My first rally attempt? Runner's World "101 Kicks in the Butt."

Top three "kicks"?
1. CREATE A BLOG where you post your daily mileage, then give out the Web address to your friends and family.

Hah! Done.

2. MAMA, GET A NEW PAIR OF SHOES. Two-time Olympian Shayne Culpepper puts new gear she receives as an elite athlete to good use. "It's fun to break in a new pair of shoes," she says. "Sometimes that's enough to get me excited."
Do Jimmy Choos count? I think Matt would say "no."

3. RUNNING COMMENTARY "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp, or are you going to be strong today?'" --Peter Maher, two-time Olympic marathoner from Canada

I'm working hard on this one.

OK, off I go!

No comments: