Thursday, January 15, 2009

Running with baggage

This morning I woke at 5:45 to meet Linzy and Brett for another early morning run and found an SMS on my phone saying they were canceling (text sent at 11:30pm - way past bedtime). Bummer. I was up so I decided to run anyhow. I loaded up with pepper spray, my light, iPod, and keys - seriously, I was running with quite a load. I'm glad I had the light - San Francisco is dark in the morning!

After lacing up and making it a block down I started getting the heebies with all the movement on the sidewalk (bodies shifting in their sleep). I made it to the water and then rounded Ft. Mason - cresting the hill I smelled a familiar stink ... SKUNK!!! Oy. Thankfully the wafting smell missed me and I ran on and finally made it back home before the sun even approached the horizon.

No comments: