Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Never too old to try something new...

When walking to lunch today (to buy the most expensive sandwich I've ever eater - goodness I'm a sucker for a chicken, bacon, turkey melt) I came across two isms - one good, one gross:






  1. Girl on bike: On Chestnut I saw a group of spandex clad guys all cheering and rooting someone on. At first I thought it was another biker-car altercation with a crowd, but no, it was much nicer - one of the bikers was teaching a 30-something woman how to ride. You could tell it was her first attempt by the shaky way she stood on the bike and reluctance to pick up her feet. Good luck stranger trying to ride a bike!
  2. The "poison" apple: Still smiling from the bike scene, I came across ism #2 - a Christmas wreath (people are still putting their crap on the corners) decorated with fruit and flowers. Upon closer inspection I saw one of the apples on the wreath had a huge bite taken out of it - a real bite, not a faux bite. The worst part? I couldn't tell if the apple was fake or real.

These street isms (more the first than the second) have inspired me - maybe I should try something new today ...

No comments: