Monday, January 12, 2009

Bus Tales - oooeeeooo!

No, not as rad as Duck Tales, but close. Last night Linz, Matt and I made our way to the Castro for dinner at Zach's (Linzy's and my old roommate). We walked / bussed / and metro'd to get to the Castro - a true adventure for me (and honestly, I would've rather walked the whole way).

On the bus ride back we enjoyed a real ... treat. We were on one of the long San Francisco buses - you know, the one with the elbow in it? With no seats and limited standing room we got stuck in the elbow. One stop after we boarded a walking bar got on - I mean really, this guy wreaked of shots / beers / you name it. He too made his way to the elbow where he perched against the hard pole on the side (you'll know what I mean next time you take an elbow bus). Standing there, the bar man started to wiggle his bum a little - odd - then, at every turn he'd shout "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!" Apparently bar bum man liked the elbow.

I must admit, trying to balance as far away from bar bum wee man was quite a workout - I wound up contorting myself into a figure 8 and leaning way off to the side. A nice stretch, actually.

No comments: