Thursday, January 1, 2009

Running article: "Running on the Shoulders of Giants"

(image from RunningTimes.com)

Sometimes when I'm trying to motivate for a run I browse running magazines - online pubs are great because while I subscribe to Runner's World, I can't afford to subscribe to all the mags I love.

Today on RunningTimes.com "Running on the Shoulders of Giants" is headlining chronicling one runner's ongoing proximity to and inspiration from "the great" distance runners of our time.

Reading the magazine I thought to my groups - GGRC, PacWest, and the Lululemon running group - there are a smattering of "new" runners, some incredible distance runners (some I think are nuts for the distances they trek), and all incredible runners. I think I get to run with the great runners of time, too. They may not grace the covers of magazines or be showcased in posters (actually, the head of PacWest is postered all over San Francisco (well deserved) but you get my drift), but they are the greats who lace up and head out to run.

The article goes on to suggest some recovery and training tips which are always useful - sometimes you know how to recover or train but you need to actually be reminded of how to do it.

No comments: