Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A walk (home) in December

Insert Mandy Moore music here. No, not the (cool) Entourage cameos. The waxing poetic movie stuff.

I’ve said it a million times before and I’ll say it again – I love San Francisco! Especially the chilly times when lights go up, parties proceed, and eggnog is abundant (I admit, I actually really dislike eggnog but I couldn’t think of a third thing).

I’ve been trying to get some hills into my walking mix - I need to slow down on running for a few days, my knees/hips/ankles decided to go all wonky and I’m not pleased. I’m especially enjoying the walking knowing a) I don’t have to get stuck in the road-rage mess caused by the spiraling economy and frantic shoppers, and b) I get to see more of the city.

Here are my fav pics from the walk home.

p.s. Sorry Rye and Matt, no isms were seen. No cross dressed Santa and Mrs. Clause (what’s her first name anyhow? Glenda?). No hoola dancing, harp playing, poetry reading Karoak wannabes in front of Vessuvios. No, our little city has quited down – for a bit anyhow. If the temperature rises another 3 degrees, then we’re in business – ism business.
Top of Nob Hill
Grace Cathedral
House on Nob Hill

1 comment:

Lucy Autrey Wilson said...

Love seeing photos of SF all decked out for the holidays!