Sunday, December 21, 2008

To do: Running in the Rain


I love running in the rain. Love it! Not just because I get the Singing in the Rain soundtrack stuck in my head (although that's a nice one because it helps me go a bit further) but because I like to get dirty. I think that explains the passion for trail races. Running in the rain makes me feel like a kid who gets to puddle stomp for the first time.


Three things I love (and need) when running in the rain:

  1. A good waterproof brightly colored jacket (I love this one by North Face - disclaimer, I don't own it - I'm saving up for it, though)
  2. A good pair of running gloves (I'm digging this pair by Nike)
  3. A good snack for post run - I recommend something good for the body (GU Energy makes an excellent sports drink that beats out any electrolyte replacement (try TangoMango))
Matty, read closely, these would make great under-tree surprises! :)

No comments: