Sunday, December 14, 2008

Running roundup



This was definitely a weekend of running. The weekend was off to a "running" (heh) start with the Muir Beach 17k on Saturday. My goodness what a brutal trail! The course boasted a 2k+ elevation gain with 3 brutal hills (funny note - the elevation map looks a bit like the stock market over the past 2-months ... OK, not funny) scattered over the 10 miles. Eesh! At the start of the race the temperature was hovering just around 40 - I am not used to that and my first few breaths felt like I had swallowed an ice cap and couldn't thaw. I finally could feel my throat (and limbs) again at mile 6.





Post race I enjoyed my mom's books signing (she kicked A!) and then went home to nap.

After a quick nap it was on to an awesome Lucas party (they really brought it home this year with the carnival theme).




Today brought another race - the Christmas Relay which I ran with GGRC. It was such a good runner turnout with the studs from PacWest (hands down, best training group) rocking the course (accompanied by Lululemon (hands down, most inspiring company) runners), and runners from almost every other running club and/or team in the city. I took the first leg and ran a terrible split - my first mile was 6:24, then I went on to a 6:40, and brought it home with a 7:30 and 7:00 respectively - ick. After my leg it poured rain through legs 2 and 3. Thoroughly soaked and frozen, I watched the beginning of leg 4 before darting into my car to blast the heat and peal off wet clothes.
Post race it was off to Meredith's for a FANTASTIC brunch. I'm still full from the frittatas (yes, plural - I'll be honest), scone, salad, fruit, chocolates, pork, cheese, oh, and pie! (Uh, writing that is a little embarrassing now that I re-read)but it was SO good!

No comments: