Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The drunk who stole Christmas

I left work a bit early today to do some last minute Christmas shopping in Union Square. Escaping the crowds I ambled into Lohmans (where I found a $30 DVF dress thank you very much) and encountered the biggest Scrooge ever.

I got stuck in line behind someone who clearly had enjoyed a loooooong and very early happy hour (it was only 3pm) and Ms. Boozy kept talking on her cell phone. At one point the phone rang, she was silent, and then screeched: "you ruined Christmas for everyone! You don't deserve Christmas." At which point she went silent again and then stared at her phone - I'm guessing the recipient hung up.

Ick.

In my book Christmas is a time to spend with friends and family and a time to let pants out just a little bit.

No comments: