Monday, December 8, 2008

It's a Small Sports World


Over the past few months I’ve been getting more involved in the running world in San Francisco – I guess you could say it’s a NY08 resolution that stuck! I will now be partnering with PacWest to lead the Lululemon fun runs which we’ll continue on Monday evenings at 6:30 in front of Lululemon on Union St. On a personal level I’m psyched to be getting more involved in the running world – it’s a cool (or should I say “hot bod”) world to know.

On the fitness note, I think there are three types of sportys:



  1. The novice – folks who want to get fit but don’t necessarily want to compete

  2. The fitness freaks (and I mean freak in the nicest way possible) – when abs and arms are the best accessories and 200 pushups and sit-ups just aren’t enough

  3. The competitors – the loons (myself included) who like getting up at 7am to run up the side of mountains just to see if they can do it and beat last month’s trail race time

I’d like to think I started at #1 and progressed through to #3 as the year went by (flew by). Now to fine tune the competitor in me and start beating last year’s times!


Richard, the owner and founder of PacWest, breaks athletes into much clearer buckets (without the childish names I attach) that help for training purposes and when people show up to PacWest workouts (bootcamps, runs, rides, etc.) they can expect to find the right group to fit their type.
I’ll be at a handful of the upcoming PacWest events to get myself in the “know” – I encourage you to come, too!



2009 Kick-off & Info Meeting
Tuesday night, December 16th – 7:00 to 9:00pm
Pete’s Tavern (across from AT&T Park) (

www.petestavernsf.com)
Come learn about PacWest’s training programs (i.e., BootCamp, Running, Triathlon, Cycling and hear about our NEW "Yoga for Runners" 8-wk program and PacWest's Elite Triathlon men’s and women’s team.

PacWest Holiday Party
Saturday night, December 20th – 8:00 to 10:00pm (private party)
Roe Restaurant & Club (
www.roerestaurant.com)
What’s a workout or race without rad people and a cool bar to share best practices and stories at if you’re not already overloaded with holiday party madness, check out the PacWest site for details around their holiday party and come enjoy good company, great stories, and more. Raffle prizes and awards will be presented. I can’t make any promises but I highly doubt the party halls will be decked with sales pitches.

No comments: