Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Give me your weary, cranky, and just downright b-chy


Still sitting in the coffee shop trying to get some work done. I've made myself as small as possible in a corner with my computer bag under the table but I still seem to be in everyone's way. Everyone seems to be in everyone's way. A few minutes ago an older woman in mis-matched Christmas sweater attire (I'm not being mean, just honest) charged over and fell right on top of me. She made a huge deal of using both hands to hoist herself up over my head and moving my body to accommodate her rise. I asked "are you OK?" (in other words, what can I do to get you off of me quickly). No reply - she just gave me a nasty look, fixed her Christmas sweater vest that had come undone atop the Christmas reindeer sweater draped over the Santa thermals, and walked on.

Coal!

Now please don't get me wrong - I love people of all ages. Over the past few years I've worked in a retirement home, a daycare, and now in open source (listen, open source draws one heck of a crowd). It's not an age thing - it's a "yep, we're all cold, tired, and scared of the economy. So time to buck up and be nice" thing.

No comments: