Monday, November 3, 2008

I heart the rain!


It's finally raining in the city and we needed it. I love the rain - I love running in the rain, riding in the rain, vegging in the rain - not so much singing in the rain (my voice is awful).

San Francisco is a funny city when it rains - no one seems to know what to do which is tough because everyone in SF is always right. The roads jam up with people honking and shaking fists and the overhangs under shops are always filled with SFites who forgot umbrellas.



Despite the rain, this was an event packed weekend.

Saturday we enjoyed Tracy and Alex's wedding. They got married at The City Club which was a beautiful venue adorned with Diego Rivera art and phenomenal city views.










The crowd was a great mix of Australian's, Chinese American's, and muts (I put myself in that category). One of my favorite moments was seeing Alex's aunt get down to "So I come from a land down under" - as she shook and turned, her perm shook and turned a second or so after her.










After the wedding we all went to the Cigar Bar for Cuban music and, you guessed it, cigars.










Sunday my mom and I drove up to Calestoga to get spa'd. The spa was OK, but the drive, lunch, and views were my favorite.









Yet another handful of reasons why I love this city - when it rains, I get the streets to myself. We get to enjoy events in art adorned historic buildings. The wine country is an easy escape from the rain. The list could go on and on ...

No comments: