Thursday, November 27, 2008

Oh Turkey Day Oh Turkey Day

My tummy grew more because of yooooooooooouuuu!

What a great Thanksgiving. This morning Matt and I got up, cleaned the house, and then made our way to Grassroots Shelters. I dropped the ball bringing the gift boxes we made at LAC to the church last week, so I found this shelter and it was a perfect fit. The purpose of the shelter is to keep low income mothers and their children off the street. When I walked in, everyone was very friendly and so grateful for the gifts. I have to admit, this is one of those selfish times when it feels so good to help out - I'm glad our art project brought these kids gifts and hope they can be safe in homes of their own soon.

After the gift drop, I went to the gym for a good long workout (I got hooked on the movie playing) and then it was cooking time.

Again, Matt and I made brussel sprouts with bacon and again we took BART to Walnut Creek. Boarding BART it smelled like urine everywhere - it was disgusting. Then I looked down and noticed the smell was following me. The sprouts. Nasty. So I was the one who stunk up BART (with cooking) and I'm the one always complaining - what an hypocratism.

Now to sleep so we can rise for an early flight to SD.

No comments: