Saturday, November 22, 2008

Shakey face

Taking the bus is always an event for me - it seems I have a tendency to board the smelly, packed, loony buses. Friday was no different - after an appointment, I jumped on the 1 to get from California and Mason to work. Nast. When I got on a smell of dirty hair and bad breath overwhelmed me. Smells aside, the characters on the bus were ... something else. Trying to nudge my way into a standing spot, I looked down and my heart nearly stopped - I thought two passengers had passed away. The woman sat with her head bobbing over her chest. She had taken her teeth out - maybe to be more comfortable on the ride? Her companion, an older man, sat with his head teetered on the side of his shoulder, eyes closed, mouth open (I wish he'd have closed that too ...) All of a sudden the woman start saying something and immediately the old man started howling and cackling. Weird and kind of creepy really.

Ah the bus - good motivation to walk more.

No comments: