Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lollupop Run!


It's my favorite time of year - the weather is cooling so Burberry scarfs (the kind from eBay) can come out, turkeys are being bought for Thanksgiving, trees are already going up for Christmas, and the Lollipop run is nearing!

I'm thrilled to be volunteering with Girls on the Run Bay Area this year because it means I get to volunteer and get involved in the Lollipop Run.

The Lollipop run is a 1 mile and 5k run in Golden Gate Park, put on by Girls on the Run of the Bay Area. Children, adults, and strollers (with the adults) come from all over the Bay Area to make their way around Golden Gate Park. I have to say, I haven't done the Lollipop run before, but I have seen children finish their first race and it truly makes the heart smile - there is always such a look of happiness and success (and exhaustion) on the race finisher's face.

The event is on December 6 and it will be Girls on the Run Bay Area's 10th semi-annual season-ending celebration. The event has established itself as a morning of fun that gets the whole family excited about fitness and healthy living.

Find out more, donate, or apply to volunteer online!

No comments: