Thursday, November 13, 2008

There’s more glass on the ground and a full moon over the bridge

There’s something weird going on – the weather in San Francisco continues to sporadically toggle between rain and 80 degree Summer heat (somewhat similar to the Fed’s bail out plan(s)). People seem to be angrier and more insecure than ever (likely because of the economy gloom looming). Riding my bike to work this morning I noticed more glass on the road than ever before. There’s usually the loan broken into car but today there was a series of 10 broken glass windows on the street. I think as people freak out more about the economy, jobs, being able to pay the rent, etc. they justify anger, hate, and frantic behavior (i.e. stealing).

Despite all the gloom, I was shocked this morning at how beautiful the city was. I woke early and went for a 6am run. I was the only one on the street at the time and ran down to the water around Aquatic Park and out towards Chrissy Field. At the Park, I had to stop, though – not from exhaustion but from the view in front of me. The full moon sat perched just over the bridge, a freight boat was coasting under the bridge, birds were settling onto the cement railing to take in the view, and the water rippled reflecting everything. Funny that in a time of such economy chaos we can be confronted with the most amazing bits of nature. Yet another reason to keep looking up I guess!

2 comments:

syleegurl said...

How is it that you ALWAYS make running feel so attractive to me? I HAVE to start running. Make me! Please! :)

Lucy Autrey Wilson said...

Your words are like poetry!