Friday, November 28, 2008

Pain in the ... foot

We're down in San Diego for the weekend enjoying the warm November weather and celebrating Matt's grandparent's 65th wedding anniversary (!!) After a giant Mexican lunch (as if last night wasn't enough) we made it home and I decided to set off on a short run.

Donning my Nike 1/2 Marathon T (by the way, nicest race shirt EVER) and Lulu sweats (I forgot shorts - always something) I made it out the door. This was my first run with orthodics and the first few steps felt like I was walking on clouds. A mile into the run was another story, though Cresting the top of a hill (really a speed bump by SF standards) my feet starting feeling tingly. Another half mile and my feet were warming up. Another half and I was holding in tears and yells of pain - oh my goodness my feet were on fire! Apparently I hadn't broken the orthodics in enough and I was paying the consequences -still am. 2+miles should not render this much pain - this was worse than 15 miles up a 3,000 foot climb. I tried slowing to a walk and the burn only got fiercer. Finally I made it home limping in pain and only clocked 2.55 miles.
Oofa.

No comments: