Monday, June 16, 2008

Wheels and reels: to each their own


I’m rarely shocked at what I see in SF anymore. Friday as I was walking to work I dodged a woman who at first I thought was doing Washington Square workout (picture arms and legs widely flailing about) but really she was reeling – (my new polite term for getting sick). Later that day I saw a man (either a homeless man or art student at the Institute of Art) fall asleep and drop a box of crackers – drool reeling down his mouth (either a great dream or remnants of delicious crackers). Later I walked by his spot just as sleeping drooly was waking up – seems he woke up hungry because before sitting up he reached down, picked up a dirty drooled on cracker, and had a snack.

What a terrible segue from the peanut post. I'll grow up ... someday. Speaking of weird things on wheels (get it? Segway? Heh) ...

After a day of dodging nasties, just as I was nearing home I saw a shocking commuter (who I also had to dodge). Some people opt for the bus, others a car, walking for a few (like myself), and for that rare breed of ismnator, a unicycle. The spandex clad cyclist both shocked and awed me as he peddled up Lombard. Keepin’ the streets of San Francisco interesting one wheel at a time.

No comments: