Sunday, June 22, 2008

I heart predictable

Today was a perfectly predictable day in the city. We woke to the sound of tourists lining up and honking on Lombard. Upon rising there was the familiar SF chill cast by the fog. I made it up and out by 9:30 to meet GGRC at the warming hut for an easy 7.5 mile job through the Presidio. We happened upon the typical twinsie dressed new parents pushing their San Franciscoesque strollers sipping on the city drink (no, not a chilled bottle of Napa Pinot G – a Starbucks. Yeesh).

Post run I made it to the market which was predictable. The rich hippies were pushing to get free tastes of expensive organic cheese and the checkers were all checked out and reminiscing on their bon fire dances from the night before. The total, predictably, was quite expensive totaling the equivalent of 3 excellent Polk St. meals. But I feel healthier for perusing the fancy organic aisles, so it’s all, predictably, worth it.

Driving home I dodged the predictable city drivers – one hand on Blackberry, the other scolding the twins in the back of their SUV. Coming to a light I was prepped for the last second left turn when a man motored out in his electric wheel chair, then decided to stop and take in the sites while I watched the cross light go from yellow to red. I wanted to wave hello (one finger wave) and honk in typical fashion, but you can’t very well honk at a person in a wheel chair, so I worked on my patients while quietly fuming.

Now, I’m enjoying a perfectly predictable movie (27 Dresses) with the extra background noise of tourists on Lombard. I love predictable days sometimes – I truly feel like everything is just right.

No comments: