Thursday, June 12, 2008

That’s enough

I think my bad karma has kicked in from bloggishly complaining about all the airplane criers. I’m on my way home from Orlando and am seated just in front of an opera-wanna be. The baby has turned from white to reddish pink in the matter of minutes and has the lungs of a large singer.

The crying started well before we were all seated – I should have known better before taking this seat, but I just didn’t look. The mother has the baby perched on her lap with two other younguns in the seats next to her. The father is seated across the way and has taken to playing with the babies toys (avoiding taking over for a bit? Dunno).

Instead of the rocking and cooing I always see in movies, I keep hearing “that’s enough” and “go to sleep” - this coming a bit louder than normal because mama-flyer is listening to her iPod.

Crying baby is still in the phase of learning what all the different noises are and what her body could do. She hits a few high notes quite well – then drops to a baritone – the loudest and longest note she can holler. I think she must be watching animal channel or cartoons with creatures because she keeps making animal noises too.

Rad.

The good news for Matt is that I’m not so eager for the pattering of little feet anymore.

1 comment:

Dasher said...

Don't be such a wimp. You can always calm your child down by having him/her help with data entry.