Sunday, August 10, 2008

Shoes glorious shoes!


Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a shoes-y. Some people are foodies, some winos, some workhorses. I'm a shoes-y (although the horsing at work does help enable this hobby). My favorites include pointy toed, 3"+, booties, and Mary Jane. Lately, however, I've been forced into becoming a fan of a new kind of shoe - one not so glam - running shoes. Due to a bum knee, hurt hip, and crampy feet, I was driven to Financial District Foot & Ankel Center an (awesome) podietrist.




After being poked, scraped, and squeezed (I swear, these appointments are almost as "friendly" as OB kind), Dr. Sanders noted "yep, it's the shoes." This was half a relief, half a shock - a relief because it meant I don't need to invest $300+ on orthodics, but a shock as I KNOW shoes.




Over the years I've moved from shoe to shoe becoming a fan of the following:



Nike Air Max - great for road to trail. I've owned 5+ pairs of these and loved them. They changed the style, though, and now the shoes are narrower - don't love them as much.

Mizuno Wave - I thought these were "the shoe" but doc said "no, no, no." Bummer, they're a great look and feel good.

New Balance 1223 - great stability shoe. I wore these through college for run to hike activities. I think they look pretty darn good, too.

Saucony Gid - these fit my first orthodics - a must in the shoe dept.


After my first appointment Dr. Sanders got me to try some newbies:


Asics Gel Cumulous - a nice shoe, but a bit tight in the toe (for my fat feet anyhow).

Asics Gel 1120 - my new "it shoe." I've been trying these the past two weeks and like what I'm feeling/running in.

Adidas Supernova - made me feel like I was flat footed - I bought and quickly returned. Pretty darn ugly, too. After all, isn't running a styley sport?

No comments: