Saturday, August 2, 2008

Inspired

Yesterday's run was amazing. Not only did I get to enjoy the beautiful sites of Mammoth lakes and mountains, but I ran into a highschool girlfriend who I haven't seen in years. Small world!

We ran 4.9 and 8,850 feet elevation. Toughy.

Some inspirational points along the run ...

Gabe gets paid for following his passion - snowboarding and occasionally surfing. I asked Gabe who inspired him. His answer, "At first it was my uncle. He used to make me train and push harder. now it's me." Selfish sounding, but it's not. Read on, "Someone else can inspire you to get to the starting line or even finish a race. But between the start and the finish you're the only one who can push, who can go faster, and who can pass or be passed. So during the race I inspire myself to go harder than I went before."

I dig it.

The run we did followed Deena Kastor's (Olympic marathon qualifier) training loop. Some people go to LA to stand in the stars of stars, I came to Mammoth to run on the trails of a runner.

No comments: