Monday, August 4, 2008

Creulty to photogs

There's a rude post coming on ...

I can't understand the new trend of one-armed glamor photos. You know, the ones where a solo flyer is standing arm out in front of a view no-one can see smiling, trying to look gorgeous, and taking a picture of their forehead, eye, or awkward stance. I can understand the photos of a singler in front of something beautiful taken by some stranger walking by, or even of someone side-ways photogging themselves in front of something they want to remember. But a 1-armed glamor? Nope ... don't get it.


So what spurred this? I was clicking through Facebook looking at my friends and "friend" requests (the folks I don't know and I don't know why they're trying to add me) and came across a half dozen plus sideways glamor shots.


Pics aside, my favorite ism (insert your favorite word in front of ism here) is pictures of the glamoristas taking their glamor shots. The stilted pose, sideways lean, and awkward grin get me every time.


I'm being a royal meany in this entry as I have to admit, I've sideways photogged a few times myself.

No comments: