Sunday, August 10, 2008

2nd is the best? What a wimp...


Saturday I made my way to Angel Island again for an Envirosports race in the hills. I had signed up for the 25k but Friday night, feeling exhausted from the week, I gave myself the mental out to do 12k instead. Come race day, I got talked to the 25k starting line (same starting line as the 12, just 10minutes before) and took off sprinting. At about mile 3 I knew I just wanted the 12k, so I sped up.


The results? As follows:

1st female in my age group

5th overall (men and women) out of 242

2nd female overall

Total time: 57:08

Average mile: 7:44-7:50

Fastest mile (according to my trusty Garmin 305): 5:37 - I don't believe this, though - I haven't done that since highschool and that was in 1-mile races ... then again, the downhills do provide momentum ...


I love Angel Island and want to go back for a picnic someday soon. I think I'm raced out on the island, though. Next up? Marin relay, then See Jane Tri.

No comments: