Sunday, August 10, 2008

A run to remember



Yesterday I met up with GGRC for our weekly run. There were a handful of new runners which was great to see. The morning was a bit overcast and we were all cold from the SF fog, so we decided to start off quickly to warm up. After discussing distance and pace we split into 3 groups - 2 doing planks (one reverse planks, one, mine, "normal").




I wound up in the "boys" group wanting to run 8:30s and we made our way out. We started at the warming hut and wound up to the bridge. Around and under the bridge, we wove up to the crest over the beach. We decided to add to our run and took off to the stairs that go down to the beach. While trying to keep up and catch my breath, I ate it (aka, fell hard) off the side of the hill. Not to worry - a blackberry bush caught me. Trying to keep my cool I climbed up a bit reaching to get out of the bush and back onto land. Nope - fell further. The poor guys had the look in their eyes that said, "I hope this doesn't ruin our run" but they were quite compassionate. After being pulled out of the bush we took off again and I tried to not only keep pace, but to set it. Gotta show toughness, right?




Scraped up, we finished the run in great time - our last mile clocked 7:30 and by then the morning fog had burned off so we were drenched. Good run, good times.




Post run I made my way to the DWR sale - a flock of people clawing for inexpensive designer furnature. Glad to see a good sale is the way to peoples' hearts to keep the economy booming.

No comments: