Sunday, August 3, 2008

Blues fest


Another year, another great Blues fest. Gabe, Amanda, Don, Kathleen, Matty and I made it to Bluesapalooza around 1pm yesterday and enjoyed beer tasting and great music. You couldn't pick a better scenery for a fest like this - the trees and the mountains cast the perfect backdrop for the Blues bands. Some of the breweries were pretty amazing, too.

Marin Brew Co (my hometown co) was there and gave me a free thong - quite odd really. It's new, I swear, but why that had a box of them to give is beyond me.

Angel Brew Co is a new one to us who poured fantastic hoppy ales. They gave a free pint glass. I guess breweries want to don their fans with goods?

Beers aside, the tunes are what we flocked for. Tom Kall & Kenny Sultan were awesome with a keyboard solo. Curtis Salgado Band was great getting the audience up and dancing. At the intermission, one of the stage helps proposed to his girlfriend filling eyes around the stage. CChris Cain Band wiped the tears away with kickup your heels (yes, Blues can get fast and happy) music.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No mention of Matty getting cut-off at Whiskey Creek?