Monday, June 25, 2007

Obstacle course

The Bay Area was quite an obstacle course today. There was a fire off the 280 so leaving work was like visiting Disneyland - one line after another with grumpy hot commuters. After being diverted away from the 280, I navigated my way through the farms of Palo Alto and up over some mountain until I found my way back onto the 280. Feeling quite lucky to be flying up the freeway home, I blasted the music and opened the sun-roof - luxury. This bliss was quickly halted as I realized the freeway was filled with under cover police - must be end of month (aka, quota time). After I finally (a painful crawl of 70mph up the road) reached San Francisco I was met with a new obstacle - all the lights were out in the Tenderloin...perfect. Making my way up and over Union and preparing for the parking hunt, I was met by a final hurdle - an ambulance was blocking the street. Always an event!

No comments: