Sunday, June 3, 2007

The hunt continues


Besides vegging, Sundays are great days to go house hunting with all the open houses. I've fallen in love with two.

The first is the ideal location - and you know what they say "location, location, location." Sitting on Filbert just up from Polk St. the home is smack in the middle of my favorite part of the city. The problem? Our lack of savings aside, this house is much more than a fixer upper. Half the windows are broken, there seems to be mold growing up the side, the floor is coming up, and the siding is falling off. Next 200-weekend project?

House #2 is on Broadway. Two bedrooms, two bath, a storage unit and parking oh my! But alas, this one is another fixer-upper. Some day I hope the scratch tickets will pull through and I'll win $2m so we can afford a nice 2-bedroom in Russian Hill.

No comments: