Sunday, July 6, 2008

Facebook hurt my feelings

The technology age continues to expand and provide venues for the big brothers of the world. I’m of course buying into all the venues with Facebook, Linkein, Spoke, and of course blogging (an online diary/forum for bitching, if you will).

Back to Facebook. Today I got a “hug gift” from Lily which was just peachey since I had been reading Walden earlier and needed a little fuzzy mention. I happily accepted my hug and was immediately re-routed to a window that said: “pass hugs on – select five people now” – under the booger looking hug icons was a blinking message that read, “8 people in your network have a crush on you.” Rad, I thought, and scrolled further. Another blinking message, “two people hate (red underline) you, and one person loves you. Find out who!” Well of course I clicked – I wanted to find out who hates me so I could say mean things to them. Re-routed again to a window asking my name, sign, sex, and phone number. On this screen there was fine print reading, “fill in the details and
we’ll send you flirting advice and add $9.99 to your monthly mobile bill. Auto renew.”

Good marketing – made me click- but meanies!

No comments: