Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm running the distance ... and running for speed


This past weekend brought another race - the Pirates Cove Trail Run - at 20k this was my longest run in years, and probably the most painful. The race started with a 1,000 foot climb for the first mile, then, running atop the crest of the headlands and overlooking the Bay, coasted for about 3miles. Down into Tennessee Valley, back up another 1k feet, down and up again until I could no longer feel my feet.

I finished in under 2hours coming in 30th place (5th woman) and now utterly hooked on trail races. The good news is all the SF hills have prepared me for the trail runs.

Next up, either B2B or the San Diego Rock 'n Roll marathon - I can't decide. The problem with runner's high is I keep signing up for longer and longer races.

1 comment:

Dasher said...

Argh. Just reading about it shivers me timbers. Congrats!