Saturday, March 8, 2008

And we were ruuuning (insert Forest Gump voice here)


This morning we woke at the treacherously early (for a Saturday anyhow) hour of 7am and suited up. I did my usual running routine - left the clothes out last night with a candle burning for good luck (something I learned from Aunt Elsa when I was a kid), and somehow convinced Matt to come with me for the China Camp race. Upon arriving at the race grounds, I found some fellow running groupers and was quickly put to shame as they were all gearing up for a 20k and I was nervous about my whopping 10k.


The event started with hundreds of people singing the national anthem, and then the kickoff of the 20k. After the uber sporters took off, Matt got a running bug (nutter) and decided to race! He ran over and signed up, and 5min later he was standing beside me with a race number on.


We ran together most of the race and Matt let me take off in the end bringing my mile average down to 8:30. Raddness, pure raddness. Now I have the bug and I just signed up for a marathon...could be the run, could be the bloody mary I'm drinking while being serenaded by Rob, Emily, and Matt as they practice playing guitar (and some other stringed instruments) for their wedding.

1 comment:

Dasher said...

Great photo. You positively radiate health and happiness. But did you avoid stepping in anything along the way!?!