Sunday, October 28, 2007

Roundup


This weekend was nothing special but at the same time simply spectacular. It was packed and lazy. It was....OK, I'm sick of the see-saw writing approach. Here's what it was:


  • Thursday/Friday: I tried and failed to relax. I'm terrible at it. I need to get a hobby - I'm thinking of: going back to teaching, writing (a book, not a blog), knitting, or the more adventurous - rock climbing, kayaking, scuba diving, golf (these four I've tried - I just need to get up the patience to stick with one)

  • Friday party: Friday night we went to Prez a Vie (a posh place in Presidio) for my birthday. Lisa, Zack, Linz, and Ashley showed up to toast in my don'twanttowriteitbecauseimfeelingold. We dined on way too much while listening to the pretentiousness sitting next to us - a table of smashed pediatricians (I now think less of them) comparing salaries, patients, and victories (what illnesses they helped overcome). Throughout the dinner we couldn't quite tell if they were swingers, cheaters, or just perves. Whatever/whomever they were, they were loud!

  • Saturday dad day: Yesterday Matt and I met dad at the Grove for brunch. The Grove is a meeting spot for beautiful young families in San Francisco - everyone with a baby, a golden retriever, or a mac (or some combination). After eating too much (again) Matt and I made our way to the driving range (I'm working on that hobby) where I tried and failed miserably to hit the ball to the proper flag. I can hit it far - there's just no telling where it'll go, though.

  • Saturday new things: Saturday evening Linz and I went to the very posh Bar Otis on Maiden Lane. Feeling quite Sex and The City, we sipped Manhattans while we chatted up architect divas and divos alike.

  • Sunday roundup: This morning mom met me in the city and we walked over to the Ferry Building for birthday brunch (I must admit, this has been a glutenous birthday celebration weekend). We enjoyed Slanted Door - more than the food, though, we enjoyed the other diners. A girl in green (literally, all green - tights, top, shoes, hair, and shadow) dined with her very Republican looking parents. A table of Mid-Westerners gawked at the others (again with the Jack Johnson people watching) in the restaurant. I think I enjoyed the people more than the food, but it was a great morning regardless.

OK, time to veg before the rest of the weekend fades away.

No comments: