Sunday, October 14, 2007

The fast lane

The world now seems to work in the fast lane. People try to finish school quicker - graduating college at 20 or 21 is the new coo. Once graduated, folks strive to be the top - now. I partake in the world-on-5-cups-of-coffee paradigm. Driving fast (but not in front of my office - I don't want another speeding ticket), cooking fast, eating fast.

Matt and I were turning our brains off tonight (Law and Order - simply the best), and it seemed like every commercial was the latest and greatest way to do something faster. On a commercial Mattel was hyping the new speedy games - Monopoly with no need to count money (it's all automated now) - great, teach kids to use credit cards early and forget math.

Well, I've spent too much time online - gtg quickly and hurry to relax before the weekend ends.

No comments: