Saturday, October 6, 2007

Road rage

Usually I don't mind the commute from San Francisco to Palo Alto (and back again). It's a nice 2-hours in the day when I can turn my brain off and veg - while paying attention to the traffic of course. Fridays are particularly bad - everyone wants to get home, and they want it "NOW!"

Yesterday it seemed like all the cities finest were out in the T-Loin - people were running into the streets, dancing in place on the sidewalks, and blitzing out everywhere. My personal favorite are the people who seem to love teasing traffic by edging into the road and then back out. Cars always drive worse around these teasers, too.

I have a bad habit of giving the "San Francisco wave" to poor drivers - this wave being my tallest finger pointed at the sky with the others down, usually accompanied by words I shouldn't utter. In the T-Loin, you cannot give this friendly gesture - don't want someone to spit on the car, or worse yet, sit on the car.

Happy to be car free and enjoying the weekend.

Off to Strictly Bluegrass!

No comments: