Saturday, May 26, 2007

Welcome to crazy-town

We all know San Francisco is filled with isms - odd, quirky, extreme, and indifferent people of all sorts. Yesterday I was driving to the Marriot for a site visit (big mistake by the way - I've really got to get over my fear of public transportation here - a 2-mile drive took 45-minutes to make it through China Town and the Financial District). On my way through Union Square while stopped at a red light I witnessed a working-ism loosing it. A woman in an orange vest, clearly working for the city in construction, was watering the street. Why? I do not know...maybe prepping it for cementing or maybe she thought because it was warmish the street needed to cool down. All of the sudden it seemed like something flipped for the woman and she started pointing the hose at tourists and passing cars. Most of the passers by were too startled to do anything, probably to frightened as well. Crazy San Franciscans.

No comments: